SHENANDOAH COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) – Shenandoah County’s Chamber of Commerce hosted its initially Valor Community Protection Awards on Thursday.
The ceremony highlighted some of the heroic acts of law enforcement, firefighters, and other community security staff even though showing appreciation for all.
”I am in awe of everything we have heard tonight and the heroes we are surrounded by in this space,” SCCC Board of Administrators Chairman Cindy Hunter mentioned. “They’re often unsung. They’re usually unrecognized. If there was at any time a night to try to remember how blessed we are to stay in Shenandoah county, this is it.”
There were being 12 awards provided out to 23 individuals. Two people today had been also remembered tonight posthumously: ECC dispatcher Mary Colt and Corporal Thomas Frazier.
Colt’s family members obtained the Dispatcher of the Yr award on her behalf. Colt worked at the Shenandoah County ECC for 18 years in a amount of positions. On Thursday, she was described as a “kind soul who usually observed the excellent in all people.”
Even though family and community associates used this night to figure out staff, some in legislation enforcement took the opportunity to show regard for their peers.
Shenandoah County Sherriff’s Place of work Patrol Sergeant Warren Poff took dwelling the Gold Medal of Valor. When questioned how he felt about the award he explained, “It’s extremely honorable. There are a great deal of fantastic guys in here tonight, and it’s just an honor to be brought up with some of these fellas.”
2022 Valor Awards
- Civilian Professional Achievement Award– Accreditation Manager Laura Shelton, Woodstock Police Dept.
- Volunteer Firefighter of the Year– Main Aaron Sigler, Woodstock Hearth Dept.
- Occupation Firefighter & EMS Service provider of the 12 months– Master Firefighter Jon Hammersley, Shenandoah County Fire & Rescue Dept.
- Dispatcher of the Year– Mary Colt (posthumously)– Crisis Communications Centre
- Strasburg Legislation Enforcement Officer of the 12 months– Sgt. Phillip Henry, Strasburg Law enforcement Dept.
- Strasburg Legislation Enforcement Life span Accomplishment Award– Capt. Jason Ford, Strasburg Police Dept.
- Woodstock Law Enforcement Officer of the Yr– Inv. Matthew Rhodes and Sgt. John Fox, Woodstock Law enforcement Dept.
- Certificate of Valor– Capt. Richard Funkhouser, Shenandoah County Hearth & Rescue Dept.
- Lifesaving Awards
- Sgt. Derek Smith, Lt. Robert French, DS Hank Hoover, Jr., DS Cody Brill, Inv. Heath Painter Shenandoah County Sherriff’s Office
- Firefighter/Paramedic Luke Leonard, Shenandoah County Fire & Rescue Dept.
- Sgt. Jason Road, Tpr. Michael Albert, Tpr. Michael Painter, Tpr. Cody Mumaw, Tpr. Emily Meyers Virginia State Police
- Gold Medal of Valor
- Master Firefighter Brandon Diehr, Shenandoah County Fireplace & Rescue Dept.
- Sgt. Warren Poff, Shenandoah County Sherriff’s Office environment
- Meritous Civilian Award – Thomas Batlle, Jr
- Unit Citations– Woodstock Rescue Squad, Edinburg Hearth Business, Woodstock Fire Department., Mt. Jackson Rescue and Hearth Department, Shenandoah County Hearth & Rescue Division., Harrisonburg Hearth Department Specialized Rescue Crew, Rockingham County Fire Complex Rescue Team, Shenandoah County Sherriff’s Place of work, City of Woodstock, Public Is effective Division
Copyright 2022 WHSV. All rights reserved.